Welcome to the Northwestern University Skin Biology & Disease Resource-Based Center, one of only six NIH/NIAMS-funded SBDRCs in the nation. Our goal is to foster and synergize skin and epithelial biology research across multiple disciplines on both Northwestern University campuses and throughout the larger Chicago clinical research community. We proudly support more than 70 faculty members in 16 Northwestern departments, in addition to faculty among our Chicago Biomedical Consortium affiliates.
Our team of expert scientists provide outstanding and cost-effective services. Among services are:
- Building three-dimensional engineered skin tissues
- Processing tissue for pathologic assessments
- In vitro immunological assessments
- Creating customized viruses for RNA or DNA delivery to cells and tissue
- In vivo and ex vivo studies in humans (with healthy skin, perturbed skin or skin disease)
Our team is eager to partner with you in the development of your projects. If you are a Northwestern faculty member whose research relates to skin disease or is applicable to skin disease, you may be eligible for center membership. For more information, please visit our membership page.